I’m a writer, reporter, learner, dad, husband, gardener. Professionally, I’m a content strategist at Carnegie Dartlet, a strategic communications firm with a wonderful model for helping organizations tell their stories. I help colleges and universities sharpen their voices and invigorate their storytelling.
For fun, I write stories, essays, and book reviews; ride my bike; play with my kids; read; cheer the Seattle Sounders and the Chicago Cubs; pretend to know how to garden; pretend to know how to cook; pretend to know how to sing.
I’m available as a professional mentor for students and others who want to think about careers in communications and media; for freelance writing and editing; and for getting together to talk about storytelling, higher-ed and non-profit communications, and being ambassadors for stuff that matters.
Have a look around. Let me know if I can fill up your coffee.
- Peter Spier’s Vigorous Praise (The Christian Century)
- Waking Up with You: Notes to My Second Son (The Other Journal)
- A Journey to the Center of the Anthropocene (The Simpson Center)
- A Ferocious Attention: The Legacy of Brian Doyle (The Christian Century)
- The Moral Failure of Crowdfunding Health Care (The Simpson Center)